Thursday, December 2, 2010

Fall Fabric Frenzy

Well, I finally found out that I passed my Comprehensive Exam for my PhD!!!!!!  What a relief!  Now that I have the results, I feel like a major weight has been lifted off my shoulders!  In the past week since I found out, I have changed our computer room into my sewing room.  How beautiful is it to finally have a space of my own to create in?!

I have not posted in awhile, so I am going to back up a bit.......In the middle of November, my mother-in-law and I went quilt shopping with for the Fall Fabric Frenzy.....what a great time!  We made it to 6 shops in one day!  Next year our goal is to make it to all 10!


These are the fabrics that I will be using for the Philly Modern Quilt Guild's Challenge Solids.  Aren't they pretty?!  That is all I am going to share for now! All I have to say is...nothing smells as nice as chocolate and peppermint in the air!



My cousin will be getting married this summer and her colors are lime green, hot pink and leopard.  Yes, leopard!  These are the fabrics that I will be using in her quilt. 



Trying to figure out how to incorporate the leopard into it!



Til next time, take time for you!
Colleen


1 comment:

  1. Colleen- Thanks for commenting on my blog. Your blog might give me some craft ideas! Hang in there at lovely MEC, I do miss the kids and staff.. I have links for a quilting blog on my site, I will add yours too!

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete