Thursday, February 3, 2011

Failedor Thwarted.... Resolutions...Already!

Well, it is February and I have no idea where January went!  The month flew by and I have no idea where it went! One of my New Year's Resolutions was to sew at least twice a week.  I have sewn only one weekend since the new year!



The aforementioned plan sounded great...and do-able.....until I found out that I have to start my dissertation now. I was planning on taking the semester off, sewing, relaxing and spending time with my family until September BUT.....I have to start the process now. I have to have the first 3 chapters completed by May 1st! May 1st!  Needless to say, very little sewing will be geetting done between now and then!



On the plus side......I spend Marting Luther King Jr. weekend on a quilt retreat in Lancaster with my mother-in-law. It was fabulous!  We had so much fun! Imagine being at a Bed and Breakfast behind an Amish farm in Lancaster county surrounded my quiet and snow and no cooking or cleaning-up...just 2 days of sewing! I made 2 quilt tops... a spideman one for my son and the beginning of one to use at our house. I promise to post photos as soon as I have time to download them from my camera! I also have almost an entire quilt top completeled for my daughter.

I have so many things that I have been looking forward to beginning and completing, however I fear they will have to wait for some free time after May 1st. On another positive note, I will be going quilt shopping with my mother-in-law this weekend and am looking forward to finding some fun and festive spring fabric to brighten everything up around here!

Til next time, take time for you!
Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment